It can be alarming to try opening your perfectly fine image files, on a Windows Computer with only to be greeted with the error message below.
You groan and wonder what to do next. I would like to show how you can quickly fix this in a minute or less.
What does this error mean ?
Simply, it means that the computer does not recognize your file as an image, specifically a JPEG file. It is looking at the file extension, especially. Someway it may have been messed up. We only need to resolve this confusion.
What you need
- An image editor (I used Paint editor )
- The Windows Photos application
Now that you have the tools to save the situation, we are ready to begin;
- You first start with navigating to your image.
- Open the image with the Windows Photos application.
- Right-click on the image and select Copy.
- Open your image editor (remember I use the Windows Paint application).
- Paste the image. You can do this using the shortcut Control + V.
- The image should now show up within Paint.
- Save the image as a new name. Remember to choose the appropriate format (i.e. PNG, JPEG or others) you need.
- And voila, our problem is now solved.
Thank you for reading this brief post. Do not forget to bookmark and to share the post.
Have an awesome day and keep learning.